DuPage County Child Support Change Lawyer

Wheaton Attorney for Child Support Enforcement and Modification

DuPage Child Support LawyerChild support orders are made based on the information available at the time of the divorce proceeding. While the parents, the attorneys and the judge try to estimate what may happen in the future, it is not always possible to predict what the children will need as life unfolds. That is why the state allows for post-judgment modifications to child support orders.

At Andrew Cores Family Law Group, we know that it is crucial that a child receives the financial support they need, regardless of how the parents' feel about each other. We also understand that people's circumstances and needs can change over time. When that occurs, it may become necessary to modify a child support order or agreement. Our modification and enforcement attorneys in DuPage County and Kendall County can assist you.

When a Change Is Needed

To make modifications to a child support agreement, a parent must prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances for a parent or the child(ren). Requests for modification are often made based on the following changes:

  • A change in the child's needs
  • A change in either parent's finances
  • A parent losing or obtaining a job
  • A change to the health of a parent or child

Modifications Following Changes to the Illinois Child Support Law

A new law went into effect in 2017 that changes how child support is calculated in Illinois. While the calculation of the amount of child support you pay or receive may be different under the new law, you will not be able to modify your existing child support order unless you can demonstrate that there has been a significant change in your circumstances, as described above.

We represent parents who are seeking to modify child support orders, as well as those who wish to defend against the modification. With our experience in family law and financial matters, our lawyers can help you present a compelling argument to the judge.

In addition, we can assist with the enforcement of court-ordered child support. If you are not receiving child support payments, we can petition the Court to hold the other parent in contempt of court for their failure to comply with the court's order. Our attorneys can also assist you in defending against in a contempt proceeding.

Please call our office at 630-871-1002 to schedule an appointment with a Wheaton child support modification attorney. You may also contact us online. We have offices in DuPage County and Kendall County.

Video Gallery

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road
Suite 200
Wheaton, IL 60187


Oswego Office

123 W. Washington Street
Suite 334
Oswego, IL 60543


Contact Us