DuPage County Maintenance Modification Lawyers

Post Divorce Alimony Change Attorneys Serving Wheaton, Naperville and Oak Brook

Alimony Modification Lawyer WarrenvilleMany family law court orders may be modified if there is a valid reason for the change. Generally, spousal support is one of the orders that may be modified in certain circumstances. Whether spousal support was granted as temporary, rehabilitative or long-term, it may be possible to modify the order. If the party receiving any type of spousal support remarries or lives with a financially supportive person in a continuing conjugal relationship, the support will typically be terminated. It is advisable to work with an attorney if you wish to modify spousal support because the burden lies with you to prove that the change is necessary.

The Wheaton spousal support modification attorneys at Andrew Cores Family Law Group assist Illinois residents with spousal support and modifications. We are experienced Illinois divorce lawyers who have the financial knowledge to argue your case for a reduction or increase in spousal support. Our experienced attorneys can represent individuals either seeking or contesting the modification.

Reasons You Can Modify Spousal Support Orders

Modification of a spousal support award is possible if one person's financial situation changes. The change must be substantial enough to warrant either a reduction or increase in payments. Some reasons you may request a modification of maintenance award may include:

  • A spouse losing a job or suffering another financial loss
  • A spouse getting a higher paying job
  • A change in the health of one spouse

You may seek the termination of a maintenance award when the party receiving any type of spousal support remarries or lives with a financially supportive person in a continuing, conjugal relationship.

Enforcement of Orders

If you are not receiving court-ordered spousal support payments, we can assist you in petitioning the court for an order of enforcement and asking the Court to hold your former spouse in contempt for his or her failure to comply with the court orders. We also represent individuals who have had unjust enforcement actions taken against them and need to defend against such proceedings.

Please call our office at 630-871-1002 to schedule an appointment with our experienced attorneys in modification of such orders. You may also contact us online. We have offices conveniently located in DuPage County and Kendall County.

Video Gallery

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road
Suite 200
Wheaton, IL 60187


Oswego Office

123 W. Washington Street
Suite 334
Oswego, IL 60543


Contact Us