Wheaton Child Custody Modification Lawyers

Protecting Our Clients and Their Children in DuPage County and Kane County, IL

DuPage Child Custody AttorneyIn some families, custody agreements and parenting plans do not continue to meet the needs of the child or parents in the future. To address this issue, the court allows parents to request a modification of the original agreement. If you are the parent requesting the change, you have the burden of proving the modification is in the best interests of your child(ren). The counsel of an experienced family law attorney can improve your chances of obtaining the modification.

The Wheaton order modification attorneys at Andrew Cores Family Law Group can assist you with child custody and parental responsibilities orders and modifications. We understand how to balance the needs of the child(ren) with the needs of each parent. Whether you are seeking modification or contesting it, our lawyers can help you.

Reasons You May Request Custody Modifications

To modify a custody order, there must be a substantial change in circumstances for at least one of the parties; however, if you seek the modification within two (2) years of the entry of the existing order, you must prove serious endangerment. There are many reasons for which the court may allow modifications, such as:

  • Changes in the circumstances of either parent
  • Changes in circumstances of the child(ren)
  • A parent having an alcohol or drug addiction
  • Domestic violence
  • A parent wishing to relocate

In Illinois, child custody is now called the allocation of parental responsibilities and is determined by what is in the best interest of the child. We can help you present your argument for or against the modification based on what is best for your children.

The firm can also assist you with enforcement of custody orders and parenting plans. If one parent is not following the parenting agreement, we can ask the Court to hold him or her in contempt of court for his/her failure to comply with the Court's orders. Our attorneys can also assist you in defending against in a contempt proceeding.

Please call our Illinois child custody order adjustment attorneys at 630-871-1002 to arrange an appointment. You may also contact us online. We have offices conveniently located in DuPage County and Kendall County.

Video Gallery

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road
Suite 200
Wheaton, IL 60187


Oswego Office

123 W. Washington Street
Suite 334
Oswego, IL 60543


Contact Us