DuPage County Parental Relocation Attorneys

Wheaton Area Lawyers Assist Clients with Children Move After Divorce

Child Relocation Lawyer WheatonIn this day and age, relocation is a fact of life. The Internet and the advent of smartphones have made searching for homes and jobs in other states easier than ever. When this relocation affects a child, however, steps need to be taken to ensure both parents' rights are protected.

The DuPage County parental relocation lawyers at Andrew Cores Family Law Group have guided clients through several different types of post-divorce modifications. We will carefully examine your situation and detail the reasons that it is necessary to relocate. Our attorneys will work diligently to draft a parenting plan that meets your needs and the needs of your children.

There are many considerations to make when a parent moves away from a child. Changes will be made to child support and child custody. Essentially, the parenting plan must be rewritten. In order to avoid this time-consuming process, individuals might consider making a verbal agreement with their former spouses. Unfortunately, if the agreement is not in writing, it is not enforceable by the Court. We recommend taking the time to draft an accurate and detailed parenting plan and go through the proper channels to ensure your modifications are legal and binding.

Whether you have questions about parental location, child support modification or child custody modification, we encourage you to contact an experienced attorney. We have experience helping clients through a wide range of modification matters.

To arrange a consultation, contact Andrew Cores Family Law Group by calling 630-871-1002 or by completing our online form. With offices in DuPage County and Kendall County, we have experience helping clients throughout Illinois.

Video Gallery

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road
Suite 200
Wheaton, IL 60187


Oswego Office

123 W. Washington Street
Suite 334
Oswego, IL 60543


Contact Us