Enforcement of Court Orders in Illinois

DuPage County Attorneys for Post Divorce Enforcement

Andrew Cores Family Law GroupOne of the biggest advantages of having a court judgment that defines matters of child custody, child support, spousal support and other issues of divorce is that those matters are legally enforceable. Parents who fail to pay child support can face arrest. Failure to pay alimony can result in wage garnishments. Parents who violate visitation agreements consistently can face legal action, including the loss of custody rights.

At Andrew Cores Family Law Group, our Kane County attorneys can help you enforce your divorce judgment when a former spouse or partner is not living up to the terms of that order. We can also help you modify a family law court order if the terms no longer work for you and your family.

Legal Help Enforcing and Defending Divorce Judgments in Illinois

In some cases, filing a contempt petition is not the best decision to make, unless the other party's behavior is particularly egregious or unchanging. Legal action can often create more difficult conditions, and an experienced lawyer can often help matters along more amicably by convincing the other party to live up to the agreement or judgment terms.

When there are circumstances that warrant legal action, we can file a contempt petition and enforce the terms of child custody and child support arrangements. This includes holding those accountable who owe back child support.

DuPage County Child Custody and Support Attorneys

For more information regarding divorce judgments in Illinois, speak with one of our experienced family lawyers at Andrew Cores Family Law Group. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation by calling 630-871-1002. We represent clients in DuPage County, Kane County, and Kendall County.

Video Gallery

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road
Suite 200
Wheaton, IL 60187


Oswego Office

123 W. Washington Street
Suite 334
Oswego, IL 60543


Contact Us