How Divorce Judgments are Enforced in Wheaton, IL

 Posted on December 19, 2022 in Order Enforcement

Wheaton, IL divorce order enforcement lawyerDivorce judgment enforcement in Wheaton, IL can be a complex and difficult process for those involved. If your spouse is not in compliance, it is important to understand the legalities and steps involved in order to ensure that your judgment is enforced properly and in a timely manner.

The Role of the Court in Divorce Judgment Enforcement

When a divorce judgment is issued, it is the responsibility of the court to ensure that it is enforced. This can involve a range of actions, including garnishing wages, seizing assets, and ordering the sale of property. In some cases, the court may appoint a third party, such as a mediator or an arbitrator, to assist with the enforcement of the judgment.

The Process of Divorce Judgment Enforcement

The process of divorce judgment enforcement in Wheaton, IL typically begins with the court issuing an order to the party who is required to comply with the judgment. This order may specify the actions that must be taken, such as the payment of child support or the transfer of judgment assets.

If the party fails to comply with the court order, the court may take further action. This can include garnishing wages or seizing assets, such as bank accounts or property. The court may also issue a warrant for the arrest of the party if they continue to fail to comply with the judgment.

Seeking Legal Assistance with Divorce Judgment Enforcement

Divorce judgment enforcement can be a complex and challenging process, and it is important to seek legal assistance if you need help getting your spouse to comply. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal system and ensure that your rights are protected.

It is also important to understand that divorce judgment enforcement is not always successful. In some cases, the party who is required to comply with the judgment may not have the means to do so. In these cases, the court may be unable to enforce the judgment and may need to take alternative action.

Contact a Wheaton, IL Divorce Judgment Enforcement Lawyer

If you need help bringing your ex spouse into compliance with your divorce decree, it is essential to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The experienced DuPage County family law attorneys at the Andrew Cores Family Law Group can help you understand your rights and options. Call us at 630-871-1002 for a free consultation.


Share this post:



Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road
Suite 200
Wheaton, IL 60187


Oswego Office

123 W. Washington Street
Suite 334
Oswego, IL 60543


Contact Us